Welcome from Coach Jonny Bunn

Welcome to my blog, I hope you find it helpful in providing information on coaching all aspects of the game of soccer.

My main aim is to give you lesson plans and structure training sessions so you can get the best out of your players.

My philosophy is that winning is never to be expected, we as coaches and players need to do that little bit extra to reach our full potential. Winning can be a direct result of striving for greatness.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

Evaluating your player

During the season evaluating players is a must to ensure development on weaknesses. Evaluations can also be used to motivate your players highlighting their strengths.

My evaluations are always presented to players directly and then discussed one on one. I like evaluations that are simple and easy to understand. Strengths, weakness and goals are given.

Evaluating season guideline

End of august to provide feedback on summer play
September meet with players one on one to give goals for the season
End of November after fall season give evaluations
Beginning of February meet players one on one to provide goals for spring
Final evaluations of player end of April to leave players prepared for tryouts

Team evaluations are ongoing, I communicate team evaluations after each tournament or each weekend of games. At the end of each season I evaluate the team making sure I have them in the right league for there development level. This is also great for your parents as they are a part of your team also.

Always be available to talk to your players and parents throught the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment